Friday, October 16, 2015

Tea Composition Box by Dianna

Hi everyone! This was my first shabby styled project and also was my mother's day gift to my mom. We both love tea so I made her something that matched her new bedroom colors and her love of tea.
I painted Gina's Designs Composition Box white and then used a light beige to create a white washed look (which you cannot see but is there).  I used Graphic 45 Botanical Tea paper and fussy cut the birds, teapot and rose.  I tore the teal paper and distressed it for the background.  Then I used a teal spritz on Gina's Designs Cardstock Doily. 
The bottom box has a lace back and an Art Deco brooch with a black ribbon bow.  I stamped a Victorian lady stamp and left it black and white except for the hat and dress which I colored with Copic markers. 
The second box's back was papered with Graphic 45 Botanical Tea and the humming birds. The butterfly is from Gina's Designs and I used Sparkling H20's. The key was painted white then silver to create a marbled effect. The yellow rose is from Graphic 45 and the embossed cut outs were distressed with ink.  I used a row of seed pearls on the edge of the embossed cut out. The third box has 1/2 of a Gina's Designs Cardstock Doily lightly distressed. The teal button is one of two used in the box. The tea cup and spoon is from Gina's and were painted white then chalk ink was applied. The flower stamp is from Graphic 45. The flowers were white and spritzed with teal paint, allowed to dry then spritzed again with a silver mist. The little frame is actually a ball label holder that I got on clearance. The frame was a bright gold so I lightly painted white then went over it with a silver sharpie. I put black velvet ribbon behind it and used buttons from my stash. 

Below is a Composition Box that I did for Halloween 2014.  I wanted to show how different the Composition Box looks with different ideas.  

Thank you for looking :)

Gina's Designs Items Used


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...