Monday, September 28, 2015

Inspirational mini-canvas set

Hi there! Lynne here sending greetings from beautiful, warm, sunny southwestern Ontario along with a sunny, happy set of canvases I created with lots of awesome goodies from Gina's store. The sentiments are from Teresa Collins' Nine & Co papers and are on 8x8 canvases.

                                 
 

I ran the border strip through an embossing folder, attached all the elements to the canvas, stenciled with texture paste, then coated the entire project (except for the sentiment) with gesso. I then used Twinkling H20s to add patches of various colours all over, covering the entire gessoed area. When those were dry I then applied another coat of gesso to blend and soften the colours. When that was completely dry I covered the sentiment with a piece of cardboard and misted the entire surface with a variety of colours until I achieved the intensity and blend I wanted. Splotches of black acrylic paint added contrast and tied the black elements of the sentiment pieces in with the rest of the project.

I know it sounds like a lot of steps were involved but they were all simple steps and the most time-consuming part of the project was allowing the layers to dry, although I did use the heat tool when I wanted to get to the next step a little sooner!
Thanks so much for stopping by and I wish you a wonderful, happy, sunny week!

Gina's Items Used

Other Items Used
Teresa Collins Nine & Co paper-cards
Colourarte Twinkling H20s
Prima and Crafter's Workshop stencils

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...