Monday, September 14, 2015

"CREATE"-Altered Paint Palette

Hello my crafty and creative friends! Lynne here with an altered wooden paint palette. I've seen seen some beautiful projects made using these and decided it would be fun to try using some of the unique and interesting chipboard pieces from Gina's.


I primed the palette with gesso, then arranged  and attached the chipboard, corrugate, flowers, metal, paintbrush and stenciling with texture paste before adding a second coat of gesso.  I then painted the entire surface with metallic silver acrylic paint before using Twinkling H20s to create a rainbow of colour on my project.



Afterwards I added a few clusters of mica flakes for sheen and a bit of different texture. This was such a fun project to create, giving me a chance to mix and match all sorts of goodies, and I love the effect of the paints over the silver background! Thanks so much for stopping by, and hope you have a wonderfully creative week!

Gina's Designs Items Used

Other Items Used
ColourArte Twinkling H20s
Metallic silver acrylic paint
Prima and Crafter's Workshop stencils
Metal gears and shapes
misc. flowers and embellishments

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...