Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Catch of the Day by Guest Designer Marla Rizzo



 Today I have an altered, 'Alarm Clock' piece to share with you guys. I'm calling it Catch of the Day because it is beach themed and features a captured mermaid from the Mermaids Shape Set.
I just love the beach so I tried to make this as true to the real thing as possible. With Gina's Beach Shape Set pieces added to this, it really came alive. 
First I painted the Alarm Clock piece with some homemade textured paint. Then I used cheesecloth for the net behind the mermaid. For her I sprayed some Lindy's in blues and added some seed beads to give the look of mermaid scales. I just love how she turned out! All the other Beach Shape Set, Sea Horse Shapes and Flourish Set Amanda pieces I covered in diamond dust to give some sparkle.
 For more details check out the video link!

Gina's Designs Items used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...