Friday, March 13, 2015

Mixed Media Altered Clock by Kim

Hello friends, today I would like to share a new item in Gina's Store. This is the Picket Fence Clock. I chose to do a black and blue theme, as this will be the clock I use in my crafty studio, and I love these color tones. 
I started off by painting the base in a flat black and using some turquoise paint along the fence rails.  I papered the fence with the lovely Fly Away paper from 13 Arts.  I dry brushed more of the turquoise on top of the paper to give a worn look to the fence.
I added some Tim Holtz rub-ons with butterflies, words and numbers to give it a grunge feel.
I added some of the dragonflies from the butterflies and dragonflies set. I painted them in matching colors and then used gold embossing powder as an accent. I dotted the wings with glossy accents and dipped them in some glitter glass to give them sparkle. I added some flowers to the base to finish it off and I love how it came out!
I papered the clock in matching paper from the paper collection and painted the clock in a matte black.  I am very pleased with this clock it will be a great addition to my crafty space!
Thanks for stopping by today!


Other Items Used
 13 Arts Paper Fly Away
13 Arts Turquoise Paint
Tim Holtz Rub Ons
Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers
Kraftsupplies4U Flowers
Stampendous Glitter Glass
Recollections Embossing Powder
Americana Black Paint

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...