Friday, March 20, 2015

Altered Embroidery Hoop by Kim

 Good morning friends! Today I would like to share my altered embroidery hoop with you. I have had this idea for a while and finally got to bring it to life!  I started off by painting the hoop white and adding some gorgeous beaded lace around the edge. The back piece is some Bo Bunny paper I had in my stash. I layered sprays, stencils and stamps to give it a grungy feel.
 The butterfly of gears is one of my all time favorite pieces of Gina's! I first painted it and then used some rust Gilders Paste over it. I then used my script stamp on top.  I added a Prima junkyard finding lamp for the center of the body.
 I did the same basic technique for the Chain Frame, but used Silver Gilder's Paste this time and some fine black embossing powder to finish it off.
I layered on some metal, flowers and used some old paint brushes I had as well. This gives those old bushes that you would normal toss out a second lease on life. I added some paint and stamp to them as well to pick up on the background of the piece.
I hope you like my piece this week, I always have fun using Gina's chippys!
Thanks for stopping by!


Other Items Used
Tim Holtz Measuring Tape
Prima Metal and Wood
Appliques, Flowers, Lace and Bead Caps from Kraftsupplies4U
Indigo Blue Stamps
Rust and Silver Gilders Paste
Distress Ink Sprays
Embroidery Hoop and Brushes From My Stash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...