Friday, February 6, 2015

Art Is...Mixed Media Tag Tutorial by Kim

Hello friends, happy Friday! Today I would like to share a fun mixed media tag and tutorial I have created especially for the blog. I started off with one of Gina's large tags and covered it in vintage Norwegian dictionary paper that I got from a friend. I mod podged the paper on and then it was time to get out the paints!

  
 I used my Silks Acrylic Glazes and my Prima stencil, first using the stencil with some vibrant colors and then once that was dry, I got out more colors and did a light stripeing effect over the top of it. The result was great as you can see the stencils show through the glazes so you get a lot of color coming through.
 Next it was time to get out the stamps and embossing paste to start layering more on top of the paint. I used some fun words and meanings to pick up on the dictionary paper in the background.

 Next is embossing the chipboard pieces I chose to add to the tag. I love the new Collage Borders Gina has in the store, and also the new Fancy Dragonflies as well. For the dragonflies, I used several different embossing powders, layering each one on, heating it and adding a different color. I really wanted the dragonflies to be in lots of fun tones.
 Here is the result of all the embossing power layering.
 I used some fine black embossing powder for the collage border.
 Here is the finished result! I added some flowers, burlap material along the side, metal gears a frame and game spinner to finish it off.
 I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial today, I had so much fun making this tag!
Mixed media is so much fun; I hope you will give it a try!

Gina's Designs Items Used

Other Items Used
Petaloo Flowers
Prima Frame
Tim Holtz Metal Pieces
Silks Acrylic Glazes in Various Colors
Burlap From My Stash
Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste
Crafter's Workshop ART Stencil





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...