Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Perpetual Calendar by Guest Designer Lynne

Hi there! Lynne here with a home decor project; as soon as I saw this perpetual calendar kit in Gina's store I knew I wanted one for the little wooden table in my dining room! I used the Heirloom collection 6 1/2" paper pad, as the colours were perfect for my decor. The pieces fit together so easily and the project was a pleasure to create. I'm thinking of making some for Christmas gifts, actually!
 
 After attaching the papers, I lightly sanded the edges, then inked them. The chipboard accents were painted with acrylic paint, then treated with some Rusting Powder, which creates a gritty rusted effect. In addition to the body of the calendar, the kit includes all the words and numbers and the cards they are to go on. I simply painted the words and numbers, then sealed them with clear embossing powder for a shiny, finished look.
 
        I love that this project can be finished in any colour scheme and/or theme to suit the decor it will be displayed in. Thanks a bunch for stopping by!
 
Gina's Designs Items Used
 
Other Items Used
   Heirloom Paper 6 1/2" pad
   Rusting Powder
               Ranger Distress Ink, Frayed Burlap
Clear Embossing Powder
Brown Acrylic Paint

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful design, papers, and colors! I love how you made the edges look! You made a great choice in decor!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...