Friday, September 19, 2014

Art Desk Organizer by Kim and Home Decor for Fall by Debbie

Hello Crafters!  Today we have two designers on the blog.  First up is Kim with a desk top storage solution  that's both beautiful and functional.


Happy Friday friends! Today I would like to share one of the great organizational items available at Gina's Designs. This is the Desk Organizer 1.  I am super happy with how it came out, and it allows for extra storage on top of my desk, which is always a good thing!


As you can see there is lots of space for storing brushes, pens, inks, markers and anything else you'd like. This organizer has roomy spaces to put all your art supplies and also some drawers that are nice and deep as well.

The Organizer has 2 drawers in front which is good for storing all those extra little items you need to have handy when you are creating.  I filled mine with some 1 inch ink cubes that I have been looking for a place to keep, this worked out perfectly!


Below here you can see the side and back of the organizer. I used one of my favorite paper lines to decorate it, then added some of the Tulip borders and a fun butterfly to finish it off.



 Below here you can see the front of the drawers to which I added some metal filigree pieces and a handle. I also stamped the word "ART" on a piece of paper and framed it up with one of the Filigree Frames. I embossed the frame with some Stampendous shabby white embossing powder.

I have already filled my my desk organizer and it is a really handy thing to have on my desk top.  It doesn't take up too much room but has tons of great spaces in it for storage, check out all the great storage solutions in Gina's Store

Gina's Designs Items Used

Other Items Used
Tim Holtz Wallflower Paper
Metal Pieces & Handles from Butterbeescraps
Art Stamp from Stampendous
Butterflies and Flowers From My Stash
Stampendous Embossing Powders
Martha Stewart Sky Blue Paint


Nest up is Debbie to share a gorgeous display piece to celebrate the Fall season.

Hello everyone, this is Debbie with you today.  Fall is my favorite time of year...the smells, the beautiful flowers and the cool mornings and warm days.  I always decorate for Fall and this year is no exception.  Gina's Designs made that easy for me this year.  Gina has the cutest Fall themed chipboard designs in her store and I had a great time creating this project.






This project is one of my favorites....I used several techniques to create this project.  For the Scarecrow I simply used some scrap fabric that has been sitting around forever and dressed my scarecrow.

Here is the directions for the chipboard pumpkins and banner kit.

Step 1. Color your chipboard with ink. I used Distress ink in Rusty Hinge , Dyed Tea and Shabby Shutters. 

Step 2. Cover the chipboard with VersaMark Ink.

Step 3. Cover with Utee Clear Embossing Enamel and heat.

Step 4. Spray with your favorite spray inks and reheat.  







Hope you give this a try.  I can guarantee you will try it again and again.



Thanks for stopping by Gina's Blog today!!



Debbie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...