Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Winter Layout by Melissa and Trinket Box by Guest Designer Rashida

Today we have our DT member Melissa with a beautiful Layout, and our Guest DT Member for this Month, Rashida. Rashida has created a beautiful trinket box to share.  First up is Melissa!

Hi everyone! Melissa here with  a 12x12 layout using Gina's Lasercut Chipboard.

I took one of Gina's chipboard oval frames, and used part of it. I thought the swirls and curves suited the quiet mood of the photo.  This is a cousin of mine in Sweden, with his girlfriend.

 I painted  it with gesso, then  Viva Colour Precious Metal Effect Paint. I blended the edges of turquoise and mother of pearl colors together. When that dried,  I put a layer of green watercolor on top. I coated that with Diamond Glaze.  I went over the edges with black acrylic paint. 

Who doesn't like butterflies?  I painted this beautiful chipboard with gesso, then texture paste.  I then painted it with turquoise metal color, followed by a layer of green watercolor. I rubbed on some bronze lumiere paint to pick up the texture. I put a little perfect pearls on top. 

The little silver corset on the right is Marvy Decocolor silver ink over gesso.  I used a needle and black thread to lace it.





Gina's Designs chipboard used:


Other products used:
7 Dots paper
Fairy Belle paper and grey flower by Prima
Turquoise flower  by Petaloo
Viva Colour Precious Metal Effect Paint in turquoise, and mother of pearl
Winton and Lewis Watercolors
Vintaj patina paint
Tim Holtz metal, and rub-ons
Marvy Decocolor paint marker in silver
Stampendous silver glass glitter
Stickles
Viva modeling cream, in pearl
Tsuineko chalk ink
Ranger Perfect Pearls 
Judy Kins Diamond Glaze
Vintage clear glass glitter
Distress Stickles
 
Now over to our Guest Designer Rashida...
 
Hello everyone, today I am sharing a beautiful altered trinket box from Gina’s Designs.  This box is the perfect addition to any room to add to your home décor. This versatile box can be used to hold anything from trinkets and keepsakes to recipe cards and keys. Pick up your trinket box and make your very own.
 

 
This versatile box can be used to hold anything from trinkets and keepsakes to recipe cards and keys. Pick up your trinket box and make your very own.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
 
 
 
Gina's Designs Items Used
 
Other Supplies Used
Black paint
Stash paper
Prima gems
Stash Flowers
Beads for the legs
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...