Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Fab 4 Artist Trading Blocks by Kim

Hi Friends! I have a fun project today to share with you. This is my take on the new Artist Trading  Blocks from Gina's store. I had a lot of fun with this and even tried something new with them as well. You can see it is of the greatest band of all time (well in my humble opinion!) The Beatles.  I have stacked the three boxes and decorated them in a fun style, that I hope does them proud.  I painted the faces of the fab 4 myself, so I am pretty proud of that, I have never done anything like that before, so it was a challenge, but I am pleased with the results, hope you are too!

Here I have used a wooden piano from my stash, and painted it white to represent John's famous white piano. I used a Kaisercraft rub on with the word Imagine on it. Imagine wasn't a Beatles song, but it is my favorite song by John, so I wanted to include it.
 I hand drew and painted the faces of the Beatles and used paints from my stash to color them. I took my inspiration from a famous painting of the Beatles.


Left is John, Right is Paul
Left is George, Right is Ringo

Below here you can see the top of the boxes which I used some wooden letters to spell out the fab 4. I also had some tiny gutiars which I embossed and one of the musical notes from the music symbol shape set to finish off the top. 
Above and below here in these photos you can see Gina's Music Symbol shape set, the number plates and some pieces from the valentine shape set. If you are an avid Beatles fan you will pick up on some of the symbols I have used on the boxes.  For example, the number 9 which represents the track on the White Album, Revolution #9.  Below that you can see part of the other box with the word "fly" and some black birds to of course represent one of my favorite songs, Blackbird.

Above here you can see the world help, which of course represents their famous song of the same name. I added some hearts to represent love ('cause that's all we need ;) ) and in the right hand photo I embossed the heart and used a peace sign stamp on top of it.
I hope you have enjoyed my project today, and it made you smile! Maybe dust off some of your old vinyl and give it a listen today while you are crafting!
Thanks for stopping by.

Gina's Designs Items used

Other Items Used
Kaisercraft Paper
Ribbons, Wood Instruments & Letters from my Stash
Kaisercraft Rub Ons
Tim Holtz Film Strip
Wild Orchid Craft Flowers



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...