Saturday, July 12, 2014

Floral Cards by Shanna and Artist Trading Blocks by Donna


Hello Everyone!  Today we have two Designers on the blog.  First up is Shanna with some gorgeous cards.

Hello and how do you do.  Shanna here with another set of fun cards to share with you today.






I loved using this paper collection with these flowers. It helped make the flowers just pop to me.

I gave my chipboard just a single coat of gesso and made them the main event of my cards.




Items Used:
Gina's Designs Lasercuts


Next up today is Donna sharing her take on the Artist Trading Blocks that each team member is creating this month.  We've seen several so far and each artist's version has been uniquely different and equally awesome!


Hi, it's Donna here today to share my Artist Trading Blocks from Gina's Designs!  I chose to decorate my blocks with a Paris theme.  Ooh La La!  They are so easy and so much fun to put together and decorate! The options are endless! I also used Gina's miniature dress forms on all four sides of the three boxes. It's really great that you can special request Gina's chipboard shapes in many different sizes! The tiny dress forms I used on the two smaller boxes are a special requested size, and are so darn cute!!!!!!!!


After I glued the boxes together, I painted the corners black with chalk ink so the color of the box would not show. I could have also used black gesso or paint.  I chose the paper I wanted to use for each box and each side, including layers, cut them, and glued them to the box. I then got out "the works" and just started having a blast! Pearls, feathers, bling, flowers, lace, glass knobs, shabby ribbon, netting, stickers, and wooden feet!



Then it was time to decorate the dress forms! I painted all the dress forms with gesso, with the exception of the black ones. I used black chalk ink directly on the chipboard and that worked fine. I would have probably used black gesso if I had it.  I find it best to cover my chipboard shapes with gesso as a protective coat before painting or embossing.  I used vintage pink chalk ink, over the gesso, on the darker pink dress forms. Two of the little white dress forms are covered with white opal liquid pearls, and the other set with white chalk ink and spun sugar distress stickles. I was having so much fun with the darling dress forms, I also made two free standing dress forms! I added a piece of cardboard to the back so they could stand up!





Thank you so very much for stopping by today! 

 Gina's Designs products


Other products 

Authentique Classique: Pretty paper and sticker sheet
Glass knobs - Hobby Lobby
Feathers
Flowers
String pears, Black and White
Wooden feet - Hobby Lobby
Lace - misc from stash
Chalk ink - Black, vintage pink, white
White opal liquid pearls
Spun sugar distressed stickles
Crafter's Pick glue





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...