Monday, July 21, 2014

Country Girls a Layout by Donna

Hi friends! This is Donna here today to share a layout using some of Gina's chipboard shapes! I was inspired by the Build a Layout - Country Living collection. There are 5 really cute items in this pack. I did not use three of the items, the windmill, an old water pump, and a wooden window that you would find on a farm or in the country. All of the items are great designs and I cant wait to use the other items in a new layout! When I saw this collection I immediately thought of a photo of my granddaughters, in their sun hats, in the country in Virginia!



  I tried something a little different with the paper. After putting down the first couple papers to frame the page, I added torn sections of  paper to create the background for the country scene. I added two borders to the page before adding the embellishments. I think the red gingham paper enhanced the "country" look. I then fussy cut the two girls from the photo. I used pop dots on the back of one of the girls to give the scene some dimension.  I painted the chipboard pieces with gesso, with the exception of the chicken wire and birds nest. I wanted the natural look for those pieces. I embossed the words, Country Living, with fired brick embossing powder, then decided to add a clear medium over the top to smooth it out a bit. It's fun to try different mediums on the chipboard. I used several different shades of chalk ink and stamping ink on the fence, the wagon wheel, and the blue bird.  I outlined the fence and the bird with a marker to make them stand out, and I secured a few of the chipboard pieces with pop dots for dimension, the fence, the bird, and the birds nest on a branch.



Gina's Designs products

Other products
Graphic 45 French Country collection
Misc flowers, twigs, eggs from my stash

Thank you so much for stopping by Gina's today! Have a great week!
























1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...