Friday, July 18, 2014

Canvas by Kathi and Artist Trading Blocks by Debbie

Hello Everyone!  Today we have two team members with projects to share, a gorgeous canvas by Kathi using lots of techniques and inventive ways to use our chipboard shapes, and we also have Debbie here today to show you her Artist Trading Blocks, in a unique and colorful display.


Hi everyone, Kathi here, thanks for stopping by!  Today I am sharing my Summer Garden Canvas.

The canvas was first prepared using white gesso.  After allowing it to dry,  I used a mask to create the bricks on the left side of the canvas, using spackeling compound. I then used the mask on the right side under the archway.
 I used distress paint, stain & ink on all of the chipboard. The chipboard was first painted with white gesso. The canvas was sprayed with Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays Starburst.

Doodle Bird Cage layered over the brick wall
Flowers line the river on both sides with the Vintage Lady silhouette

Supplies Used:
Gina's Designs Laser Cuts:

Other Supplies:
White Gesso
WOC flowers
Prima flowers
Handmade flowers
Lace & Trims
Tim Holtz Birds
Spackling Paste


Next up is Debbie

Hello everyone, Debbie with you today to share my version of Gina’s Designs Artist Trading Blocks.  I LOVE these!!!   These are such a great idea and take Trading to the next level.  Not only do you have a great time making these but have an amazing and different project to trade with a friend!

I started out by painting the blocks with acrylic paint, adhering patterned paper and then using some modeling paste and a stencil with a honeycomb pattern.  I rubbed a little chalk ink over the modeling pasted to make it pop.
Next I cut small pieces of the honeycomb chipboard and rubbed it with Viva Décor Inka Gold in Green Yellow.  For the negative pieces of honeycomb,  I embossed with green embossing powder and then rubbed with the Inka.
The bees were sprayed with Color Shine in a mustard color and then embossed with distress powder and again rubbed with Inka Gold.
That’s all for the techniques I used on the chipboard pieces.
I embellished with flowers and gave everything a final rub with the Inka Gold.
I really hope you will give these fun Artist Trading Blocks a try and we would love to see how you decorate them!

FRONT
 TOP
TOP
SIDE

I hope you enjoyed this project and will give them a try…they are so much fun and I’ll be making more of these!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...