Friday, April 4, 2014

Victorian Ladies Dressing Screen by Kim


Hello and happy Friday everyone! Today I would like to share with you my Victorian Ladies Dressing Screen, which I have created out of three of Gina's new Tag Set Super X size!  I just love these tags and am always looking for new ways to use them and design with them.  I started off with some white gesso on all three of the tags, then papered them using some Graphic 45 Botanical Tea Paper to resemble wall paper that might have been found in a ladies dressing room back in the day!
 I went around all the tags with some laces and trims, and attached the screens to each other with some more trim which is on the back of the tags. In the center tag at the base you can see one of Gina's new Curly Cages.  I really love these, they are super cute. I fussy cut a sentiment out of the paper line and added some metal embellishments and a wood sentiment to this part of the tag.

 Here you can see some of Gina's Dressforms.  I papered them using more of the paper line, then embossed the bases to make them look like metal and then added a lace bow and flower to finish them off.

 I used lots of gorgeous embellishments on the screen after I papered it, including one of the Silhouette Ladies which I embossed her top half, and added more of the paper to her bottom half to resemble a skirt, then added a lace bow and flower to her hair. The Chair beside her is from the cafe table and chair set, which I embossed in a lovely blue color, and added a bit more of the paper to look like a seat cushion.


 Here is the middle tag where I used one of Gina's Chandeliers from the Paris Shape Set.  I embossed it with a shabby pink color, and added a wooden cameo from my stash. You can also see I have used more of the paper to create butterflies and flowers using my punches.
I hope you have enjoyed taking a trip back in time today with my project! Thanks so much for taking a peek! Have a wonderful weekend!

Gina's Designs Items Used
Other Items Used
Graphic 45 Botanical Tea Paper
Marvy Paper Punch, 2 Inch Flower and Butterfly
Stampendous Shabby Pink and Shabby White Embossing Powders
Laces and trims from Craftsupplies1
Fringe Lace from Suhafuha
Graphic 45 Staples Key Holes
The Porkchop Show Wooden Lady Embellishments
Fabric and Acrylic Flower from my stash
Wild Orchid Craft Flowers


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...