Monday, April 7, 2014

April Sketch Challenge and a Mixed Media Canvas by Veronica


Welcome to the April Sketch Challenge!

Each month, on the first Monday, a new sketch will be provided in our gallery. Winner receives a $10 gift certificate to shop at Gina's Designs

You must register on the gallery in order to upload, and your entry must be entered into the area of the gallery designated for sketch challenges, and in the proper month.  Winners will be chosen by drawing from all eligible projects and will be announced on the blog on the second Monday of each month. We encourage you to use Gina's Designs products in your project but it is not required to be eligible to win.


Sample entry below: 



Gina's Designs Products Used:





Next up is Veronica with a mixed media altered canvas titled "Beauty Seeker".

Hello Again, Veronica here, and I have to say that I am enjoying diving into Mixed Media Art! 
Gina's Designs makes it so much fun, her chip board die cuts are what truly makes a project come 
 to life!
Today, I want to share an altered canvas. I had asked especially for these two words from Gina, because I had a vision in mind to create this Canvas. 
Well.....it didn't come out as I had pictured in my mind, but I am finding that's the joy in Mixed Media Art, it just comes to be, the more you work with it. 
It's ugly before it becomes pretty!

"Beauty Seeker" I special ordered these words from Gina's Designs
I just kept adding layers of everything it seems! Just until I could get the desired look.
This Silhouette of Gina's Steampunk Ladies seemed to tell the story.
 A Beautiful Butterfly....taken from Gina's Wood Wall Art - Winged Things. You can also see the Decorative Frame that I used from Gina's Store
 I really had fun putting this all together. I feel we all look for things of beauty. I just put a few things on canvas that meant something to me.
Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed taking a peek as much as I enjoyed working on this project.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...