Friday, March 28, 2014

Photo Display Tray Memo Board

Happy Friday everyone, Kim here! Today I'm sharing the  Photo Display Tray in the gear theme.  We have the display tray in several styles, and I have created other styles in the past.  I just love making them, they are so much fun to decorate!  For this project, I opted not to use photos, but rather to create something unique.  I've made this one so that the largest section will be used as a memo board.  In the other sections I have used fun embellishments from Gina's Designs.

In each section I have placed different metal and chipboard piece that I felt went with the theme of the Display Tray.  I  used Kaisercraft Base Coat Paper for the background, and  embossed around the edge of the tray with Shabby Blue Embossing Powder.  I have also added embossed pieces from the Waterworks shapes set.

 In the photo below, you can see that I have added one of Gina's Steampunk Hearts on which I have used some Lindys Stamp Gang embossing powder.  I topped it with a metal butterfly from my stash which I also embossed with a shabby white embossing powder.  I added some flowers, lace and a metal sentiment to finish off this area of the tray.
In the section below I have used more of Gina's Waterworks.  This piece features water droplets coming out from the tap as well. I embossed this piece with some aged gold powder. I added some twine and a metal piece to the center, then some lace to finish it off. I have also added some cork to the section beside it, and some fun embellishments to it as well.  You can see another tap from the Waterworks collection, a resin heart with gear and more laces and flowers.

In the section below, I used more of the taps and pipes from the Waterworks, along with some fun metal embellishments and flowers.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at my project today and I hope you will check out these fun Photo Display Trays in Gina's Store, they are tons of fun to decorate, and to create your own special and unique piece.
Thanks for stopping by today!

Gina's Designs Items Used

Other items used
Stampendous Shabby Blue, Aged Gold, Aged Silver Embossing Powder
Lindy's Stamp Gang Desert Moon Turquoise Embossing Powder
Kaisercraft Base Coat Paper
Tim Holtz Faucet Knobs
Prima Heart Gears
Tim Holtz Numbers and Number Plates
ButterbeeScraps Metal Embellishments
Vintage Lace from my stash
 Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts
Ingvild Bolme Junkyard Findings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...