Friday, March 14, 2014

Birdhouse Shelf by Kim

Hello All! Here is my "high flyer" birdhouse shelf which I had so much fun making. I really wanted to give a vintage feel to this and not do the expected and add birds, so I thought about other things that fly, and this is what I came up with.
I papered the birdhouse shelf with Marion Smith paper, Nirvana. I really love the blue and brown tones in the paper, and my Craftsupplies1 items really complimented this project quite well.

You can see below here I have done a crackle effect on the roof and also on the picket fence, using Tim Holtz crackle paint. After it crackled, I rubbed some Prima Chalk ink over top of it to pick up on the brown tones. I then used one of Gina's Hot Air Balloons Net Style, along with one I fussy cut out of the paper and a cute wood veneer one from my stash. I topped the house off with a wooden heart with wings which I embossed to finish off the roof.

Below here you can see a close up of the picket fence.  After the crackle dried I gave it a coat of Mod Podge to seal it. I then layered on top Gina's Banner Builder Mini Pennant which I covered with more of the paper line.  I topped it with some typewriter keys from my stash to spell out the word "fly".
In this photo below you can see one of the gorgeous metal hearts from Craftsupplies1 which I used on the windows, and framed them then with some tiny wooden shutters from my stash. I then placed more beautiful flowers from Craftsupplies1 in the corner in complimentary blue and white tones.
The Craftsupplies1 Venice lace that I trimmed around the house was originally white, and I used coffee to dye it this gorgeous colour.  It picked up on the browns in the paper perfectly! I then went around with more craftsupplies1 trim, the Chinese braid in a lovely tan color.
And finally above here, you can see the little door to the house, which I again covered using the Marion Smith paper, using another image of a hot air balloon. I added one of Gina's wooden key holes from the key and plate set, then embossed it with some copper embossing powder.

I hope you like my Birdhouse Shelf I have created, thanks for stopping by today and taking a peek!

Gina's Designs Items Used

Other items used
Flowers, trim, lace and metal embellishments by Craftsupplies1
Tim Holtz Crackle Paint - Picket Fence
Mod Podge
Wood Butterfly and Heart by Which Craft
Paper is Marion Smith Designs Nirvana
Prima Chalk Ink - Bark Branch
Stampendous Shabby White & Chunky White Embossing Powder
Ranger Copper Embossing Powder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...