Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Love Wall Art Kit Times Two

This month the team has been working with papers from the Robin's Nest, along with some very special Wall Art Kits designed to go with the Valentine theme of the paper collection.  Today we have two members both using the same Gina's Designs Kit.  I think you will enjoy seeing how totally different their projects are.   First up today is Shanna.

Shanna here and I am beyond excited to share the project I created for Gina's Designs with a cross promotion with the Robin's Nest.  Even more exciting is that my teammate Marfa is also sharing her version of the same kit and paper line.  Along with our kits from Gina's Designs, we got amazing papers and stickers to work with. So much love all the way around. 


I painted the letters with some Sugar Cane Glimmer Glam and gave them a coat of Distress Rock Candy Crackle Paint. 


I used a bit of gesso on everything too. 

On the letter "O" I used a jump ring to connect a key which I treated by layering on gold detail embossing powder, then I covered it with black paint, and then rubbed it off.



I originally wanted the lock red but my plans changed a little and I really wanted to make it look old with some gold embossing powder.


The hearts were first painted red, then dabbed with black for some contrast.


Here you can really see the crackle on the letters.



Items Used:

Before you see my teammates project, did you know that Gina's Designs is now having a sketch challenge??? Check it out here!

Now here is Marfa with her very different take on the Kit and papers.

Good morning, sugar cookies!  Today I want to show you a really cute project that I created in the theme of Valentine's Day.  I like it so much that it is already up decorating my vanity table :-)  Here I have actually used both the new LOVE Wall Art Kit, and our fabulous chipboard memo board to create a truly unique project.  The chipboard is so thick that it feels like hardboard.  I covered it with gorgeous paper by The Robin's Nest and with gold ink.  I hot glued a few more decorations and flowers galore.  Then I added some Liquid Pearls to the little "crown".  For a finishing touch I sprayed sparkly glimmer mist all over the board.  It was so much fun to put this board together!  This board is very easy to put together and it can be anything that you want it to be.






Supplies:


.................... 
....................
Other supplies:
Flowers by Prima
Decorative pins by Webster's Pages
Ink
Metallic acrylic paint by Lumiere





2 comments:

  1. Marfa I love your take on the kit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shanna and Marfa, you guys did amazing on both your projects!! love them! hugs, Kim xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...