Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Cards by Marfa for the man in your life

Hello gorgeous!  This is Crafting Marfa today.  I want to show a couple of cards that I made for my honey.  His birthday is only a week after Valentine's Day, so I wanted to be ready for both!  Most people love receiving handmade cards, and these are cards that can be made by beginners, or by crafters that don't have a lot of spare time, or even by children.  So don't wait, grab your supplies and make some pretty cards! I am using gorgeous Valentine themed paper by The Robin's Nest.

The guys in my life are definitely not into frilly stuff...lol, but fortunately, Gina's Designs has a lot of manly designs to work with.  For the birthday card I used the Miniature Shapes Set-Guy Things and the High Fliers Shapes Set.  For the Valentine's Day card I used the ADORABLE Intricate Doilies Set, the Doily Set 8 Inch, and the String Alongs-Hearts set.    

The Happy Birthday sign is a border punch by Martha Stewart.  I just cut the letters out, most of them were attached to each other, so that made it easier to glue to the card.  I colored all the chipboard shapes with a silver paint pen, then added Crackle Accents to the shapes on the Valentine's Card.  The finishing touch was to spray Glimmer Mist for extra sparkle.











Gina's Designs Supplies:

Silver Paint Pen
Crackle Accents
Glimmer Mist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...