Friday, January 31, 2014

Beginners' Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout

 Good morning, Marfa here!  Today I want to share a layout that I made for two of my favorite photos.  I wanted to take photos of some interesting bridges.  Nothing fancy, just fun.  So my mom accompanied me to a local city park and found an interesting little bridge to photograph.  My mom, of course, is a bit of a ham.  So she offered to model for me :-D  I wish that everyone was that eager to pose for my camera.  

Although this is a Mixed Media layout, it is very easy to recreate.  The techniques that I used are extremely simple.  You're going to need a chipboard gear border from Gina's Designs Gears Borders and Corners.  Use the chipboard as a stencil and spray ink in different colors to create a background.  Repetition is key here.  Turn the chipboard cover it with metallic paint.  Add some Liquid Pearls in strategic places.  Once your layout is complete spray lots of Glimmer Mist or another shimmery spray.  Even though it is hard to see on these photos, in person the paper looks very close to metal.  This is a way to replicate the look of the metal from which the bridge is made.







Supplies:

Other Supplies:

Lily Bee Designs Paper-Stationery Mushroom
Elle's Studio Cameron Large and Medium Journaling Tags
Dylusions Ink Spray-Dirty Martini and London Blue
Liquid Pearls-Peacock and Ocean Blue
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist-Dazzling Diamonds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...