Saturday, December 21, 2013

SnowFlake Door Hanger

Hello everyone, Veronica here!  Today I am sharing a door hanger that I made as a Holiday gift.  Lots of glitter, sparkle, and of course love went into making these.
This was truly a simple project. The most time was spent on creating all the cone shapes from an old book that I got from a thrift store years ago. I got this idea from Pinterest, and I knew that Gina's Chip Board Snowflakes would fit perfectly!

I love anything with writing on it. I'm always on the hunt for old vintage papers to work into my crafts.
After stapling and gluing all the paper cones together, I made the yoyo out of a calico material in a winter frosty blue color.
I added snowflakes from Gina's Designs, painting them first, then immediately sprinkling golden glitter all over the snowflake so it would stick before the paint dried.
The letter was done the same way, but with a finer soft glitter that I got at my local craft store.
Thank you for stopping by and taking a peek.
May everyone have a Blessed Holiday.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty project and I love the one you made for me. It's hanging on my door next to the chalk board

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Like you I love using old book, although I always say a prayer of thanks before ripping them apart....lol Beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration. Patricia B

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...