Thursday, October 10, 2013

Spooktacular Gothic Birdcage

Hi, it's Nancy here today with a dimensional birdcage.  This project was so much fun to put together and decorate.  I have seen several of these from the Design Team already, and all are fun and different.  I decided to decorate mine in a gothic theme for Halloween.


I began by spray painting the three pieces with black matte spray paint by Krylon.  Next I attached the bottom, then added a raven and some moss to the inside.  I followed that by attaching the top, a very simple task,  matching the holes at the top and stitching it together.  (I used a thin bakers twine and an embroidery needle).  I can't sew, but had no problems putting this together.  Then I used silver rub n buff all over the cage.  Next came the fun part, looking through my Halloween stash, plugging in my hot glue gun, and adding all the embellishments I could fit.  The back and sides are covered with spider webbing but it doesn't show in the photo. The bare tree was crackle painted before gluing it to the bars of the cage.


Gina's Design's Products used:

Bird Cage - coming soon



3 comments:

  1. wow, this is amazing! love it! tfs, hugs, Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredible - you never stop amazing me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how this looks. I would have never thought this for a birdcage but OMG I would put this on my mantle. Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...